If you’re thinking about putting your home on the market, you’ve probably noticed that standard real estate commission fees are far higher than you’d like to pay. In the Twin Cities, average real estate commissions hover around 5-6%, which can translate to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the sale price of your home.
If you’re not ready to pay exorbitant selling fees but still want the expertise of a real estate professional, at Home Avenue, you have options. Below, we’re discussing two ways to sell your home and keep more of your hard-earned money in your pocket.
Flat-Fee Broker Services
Like traditional, commission-based realtors, flat-fee realtors offer the same MLS listing service, marketing exposure, and ongoing management of your property sale. Paying a flat fee does not equate to lesser service by any means. In fact, it’s a smarter investment because ultimately, it leaves thousands of dollars in your pocket, which you can then invest in renovations on your new home!
In our full-service, flat-fee realtor package, we offer the same custom representation and marketing materials you’d get with any other realtor in the industry. What does that include? Here’s just a sample:
- MLS listing until sold, complete with dozens of professional photos
- Professionally managed listings on hundreds of popular real estate websites
- In-home market analysis
- Virtual tour and single-property website with a custom domain
- Completion of all MLS paperwork
- Showing appointment services and offer review/negotiation
- Communication with buyer’s agent and closing assistance
Keep in mind that if your buyer has an agent, you’ll still be subject to a buyer’s agent commission fee, which averages approximately 2.5-2.7% of the sale price. However, you retain the right to procure your own buyer if you wish to avoid paying that commission.
For Sale By Owner MLS Listing Service
A popular option among homeowners who prefer more of a do-it-yourself route is a for sale by owner MLS listing. With our FSBO MLS listing service, you’ll choose from three distinct packages that provide varying levels of resources to help you sell your home. At Home Avenue, your options include:
- Basic FSBO MLS Listing. With this listing option, you get a 3-month listing, complete with professional photos, listings on multiple real estate websites, unlimited changes to your listing, and more. You can also select add-on services for a nominal cost.
- Plus FSBO MLS Listing. This listing option offers a 6-month MLS listing complete with professional photos, real estate website listings, unlimited changes to your listing, and various professional marketing materials. You have the option to select additional, fee-based services.
- Showcase FSBO MLS Listing. Our top-tier FSBO listing option gives you a 12-month MLS listing complete with numerous professional marketing materials, home showing appointment service, unlimited changes to your listing, and much more. As with our other options, you can select add-on services for an additional cost.
Keep in mind that with for sale by owner listings, offer reviews, negotiations, and closing assistance does not come standard. For additional details on your FSBO options and to compare our various packages, feel free to review your available listing options.
Looking for Low Commission Realtors? Contact Home Avenue Today
If you’re not ready to pay outrageous real estate commission fees when selling your home, our team at Home Avenue is here to serve you. For over 30 years, we’ve been helping Twin Cities residents buy and sell their homes through flat-fee MLS listing services and FSBO MLS listing services, and we’re here to help you, too.
To learn more about how we can help you sell your home and keep more of your hard-earned money, give our team a call at 952-929-7355. You can also get in touch with us on our contact page, and we’ll get back to you shortly!